When I have a sweet craving but want something that will hit the spot without breaking the bank on calories, this is the perfect super filling tasty treat, with a cheeky twist… This recipe has nearly a whopping 20 grams of fibre in one serving, which makes it not only a great healthy option for a treat but also one that will give your gut some loving too. The best part is it takes literally 1 minute to prepare!
My Easy Peasy Chia Dessert Pudding
When I have a sweet craving but want something that will hit the spot without breaking the bank on calories, this is the perfect super filling tasty treat, with a cheeky twist…
- 3 tbsp chia seeds – As I’m in Australia I use “The Chia Co” black chia seeds, but you can find chia seeds usually in any supermarket or health food store.
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk – Try to find the kind with the least fillers or preservatives, and no hidden sweeteners.
- 1/4-1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract (I prefer paste)
- 1/4 cup blueberries or raspberries, for topping
- Note: (optional for extra sweetness but extra calories) ½ Tablespoon maple syrup, honey or sweetener of choice
In a bowl combine together chia seeds and almond milk, stirring this thoroughly to firm out any clumps.
Add in the vanilla paste and give another good stir.
Cover the bowl with plastic and place it in the fridge. I like to take it back out after about 30 minutes just to give it 1 final stir before placing to set for 1-2 hours or overnight. The mixture should be nice and thick at this point, but if it’s a little runny, you can add a bit more chia to mix and leave again to set for another 30 minutes or so.
Once set, serve with the berries as the topping and enjoy!