Here at UTTB HQ we have decide to make a spooky, Halloween-inspired recipe of one of my favourite fun foods OF ALL TIME! You won’t be surprised in the slightest at what we have chosen to make…
If you have been following me for a while you’ll know that I LOVE donuts so of course we have concocted our very own scary-good BAKED donuts especially for halloween. As with any of our recipes this ones dead 💀simple. This recipe uses fresh pureed pumpkin but you can also use store bought pumpkin puree if you’re short on time.
These donuts are super light and can be adapted to include any kind of toppings that you fancy! Enjoy the holiday and if you’re keen to whip up this recipe be sure to share your creations with us – we’d love to see!
Scary-good Pumpkin Baked Donuts
Here at UTTB HQ we have decide to make a spooky, Halloween-inspired recipe of one of my favourite fun foods OF ALL TIME! You won't be surprised in the slightest at what we have chosen to make… These donuts are super light and can be adapted to include any kind of toppings that you fancy!
If making own Pumpkin Puree:
With store-bought pumpkin puree:
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tapioca Flour (Arrowroot)** (I use the brand McKenzie's found in all local chain supermarkets) **This is a gluten free starch, you can also use cornstarch if you're not gluten intolerant
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp almond milk* *I regularly use Almond Milk over normal milk just because I like the taste, however if you don't have almond milk feel free to use normal milk
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 6 pieces of 70% Baking Chocolate
- 6 pieces White baking Chocolate
- You can add food dye into the donut mixture to make it more orange!
For pumpkin puree:
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius (350 degree Fahrenheit).
Remove seeds from pumpkin and place on baking tray and oven bake for 30-40 mins or until soft.
Remove skin and place pumpkin into high speed blender or food processor and process until puree consistency.
Add dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix to combine.
Add wet ingredient in a separate bowl except chocolate and whisk together
Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl
Spoon mixture into donut tray and bake for 15-20 mins or until cooked through.
Meanwhile melt chocolate in separate bowls as per packet instructions.
Dip cooked donuts into melted chocolate and top with your favourite spooky toppings!